I was nominated for the Liebster Award by TravelingSaurus. Her blog is great, I think it is a lot more relatable than many of the luxury or full time travelers blogs. So, thank you so much for the nomination!
here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. Write a blog post thanking the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award, and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you.
3. Nominate 10 bloggers of our own, with under 600 followers, who you think are awesome and deserving of this honor.
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
5. Display the Liebster Award logo on your page.
6. List these rules in your post.
Here are my answers for the questions TravelingSaurus asked.
- What’s your traveling style? I.e. luxury? Affordable luxury? Backpacking? Glampacking? Your own unique style?
It is my own unique style. Half my trips are following my husband around the country for work, so that style is “don’t be bored or spend a fortune”. When we are on an actual vacation, the style is laid back. We are not huge on tours and the real touristy spots. I like to wander and see where I end up.
2. How do you finance your traveling habit/lifestyle?
Delta frequent flier miles and hotel rewards. My husband has a job that is full-time travel. So, he gets a lot of rewards/bonuses and that is how I get to travel.
3. What city or town would you move to if you had to pick one?
At this point, I think Kalispell, Montana. It is where we got married, and it is beautiful. Though, I don’t know how many winters I could deal with. So, maybe Boston is a better plan.
4. Do you have one piece of travel gear that you just can’t live without?
No, not really. Well, actually, my spare battery for my phone. I use it to take all the pictures, so I drain batteries like crazy. I may need ANOTHER spare.
5. How many continents have you been to? Do you want to see them all?
Just 1. Yes, I want to see them all.
6. Pick something that makes you nervous when you travel.
Getting lost in dangerous areas.
7. What’s the best local beer you’ve ever had (or wine, if you aren’t a beer drinker)?
I’m not really a drinker at all.
8. What’s your one sentence opinion on selfies in sensitive cultural or historical places?
They are a bit insensitive, but I understand the desire.
9. Do you prefer history museums or art museums?
History museums, definitely.
10. What is your number one dream destination that you haven’t been to (yet)?
11. Are you pretty content with your current blog, or are you always thinking/itching/looking to do a revision, update, or tweak?
My blog is still really, really new. I actually didn’t plan on doing the history posts, but they keep being to interesting, in my opinion, to pass up. I think it is a bit early to decide if I’m happy with it. I’m not happy with my organization.
Questions for the nominees:
1. What do you know now, that you wish you had known when you started traveling?
2. Do you prefer short trips or long ones?
3. Do you have a family, significant other/children? What has been the hardest to juggle while traveling?
4. Do you collect any one thing from your adventures? Magnets? Post Cards?
5. Mountains, ocean, or city? Or something else?
6. You have one day to drive, leave from your home and drive for the day, then spend the weekend. Where are you driving to?
7. What was your most memorable trip?
8. What is one travel experience you’d like to forget?
9. Where have you been you don’t think you could resist going back to, time and time again?
10. Why do you blog?
11. Not really a question, show one of your favorite photos you took during your travels.